Shoes are an essential part of running or any sort of sporting activity. If an athlete is wearing the right shoes, he can perform at an optimum level. However, if his shoes are disrupted or not made for the kind of sports he is playing, then not only will he be lacking in performance, but he will have a high chance of hurting his feet.This blog will guide on how to choose the best running shoes for you?
Running shoes seem comfortable in a shoe store, but they are only properly tested after a run. Eventually, the buyers realize that the ideal shoes have a lot more to do with different running styles.
DIY Guide: Choose the Best Running Shoes
The best and easiest option is to opt for those running shoes that fit the player the best:
1. Start by determining the sort of running that the player will follow and the running style.
2. Choose that category of the shoe with features that match the needs of the runner.
3. Try to find the shoes that will fit best.
Generally, running shoes should last between 400 to 500 miles of use with a time frame of around 3 to 4 months. A player should always check his shoes for out soles and mid soles appearing. If they are worn out, it is time to get new shoes.
This is the all the information a player will need in order to choose the best type of running shoes:
Categories of Running Shoes
Here are some common categories of running shoes. If you keep reading carefully, you can easily understand which one is perfect for you.
So, let’s go to read.
These type of shoes are mainly used for off-road routes like mud, roots, rocks etc. Enhanced with aggrieve treads to provide the players with the required amount of traction, these shoes provide underfoot protection, support,and stability.
Cross-training shoes: These shoes are ideal for gym and activities, which require balance. These are preferred by those players who require contact with the ground.
Designed for pavements, these shoes are ideal if the player runs on surfaces with slight irregularities like roads. They are light and flexible and are made specifically to stabilize feet during repetitive strides on hard, even surfaces.
Determine How You Run?
Always keep check of the wear pattern that is on the soles of the shoes in order to determine the mechanics of running.
They should wear patterns that are centralized towards the foot and a small part that is towards the heel. Specifically, this is the inward roll of the foot.
]Over pronation can be identified by the wear patterns that are running to wards the inside edge of the shoe. It is the extended form of the foot’s inward roll. Over pronation is a common trait that affects a majority of runners, hence, leaving them at the risk of knee pain and can cause injuries. Over pronators require stability or motion control shoes.
Supination (also known as under-pronation) can be marked by the wear that is running with the edge of your shoe on the outside. An outward rolling that may result in lower impact reduction while landing.
Ashoe heel consists of a cushion, which is elevated. Barefoot runners hit themidfoot or forefoot first on the ground.
Types of Running Shoes
Here are all types of running shoes. Keep reading to know the best type for your own foot.
The soles provide minimum protection from hazardous substances found on the ground. The heel pad does not have a cushion rather a very thin layer of the shoe is found between the player’s skin and the ground.
These shoes provide more cushioning compared to traditional shoes, hence, giving the players improved shock absorption.
Motion Control Shoes
Ideal for the players who are looking for improved pronation, they provide features like stiffer heels.
Best for the neutral runners, these shoes provide both – shock absorption and medical (arch-side) support as well.
Minimalist shoes: Encouraging a natural running emotion, these shoes feature a lightweight construction. Alongside, they also provide flex and cushioning.
Now that you know how to buy the best running shoes for yourself, take a look at some features of the shoes:
Features of Running Shoes
1. Nylon and nylon mesh: They help in weight reduction and in boosting the breathability.
2. Thermoplastic overlays: Shoes with this feature help in enhancing stability and durability. They are placed over the breathable shoe.
3. Breathable waterproof uppers: The membrane used in the linings helps to keep out the moisture. They are ideal for the runners who run in locations that have wet environments.
Here are some running shoe fit tips:
Always have your shoes measured if you are not sure what size will fit you perfectly. Different manufacturers have different sizes and even shoe models differ from one to another. The following are some tips on how to perfectly fit the running shoes:
1. Always try the shoes at the end of the day. Feet naturally swell up at the end of the day from all the activities. This will help runners avoid buying those shoes that are small.
2. Runners should try to aim for extra space in the toe box section.The width of these shoes should be according to the player’s foot size but they should leave a little space for their toes to move around.
3. If a player wears orthotics, he should always carry them when choosing a shoe. The orthotics affect the fit of a shoe.
4. Prefer aftermarket insoles. Insoles are provided in various models that enhance a player’s fit, support, and comfort